Bemidji Area Shooters Association
*BASA was first incorporated with the Minnesota Secretary of State on April 16th, 1973.
* BASA has never had a permanent, long-term lease until now. The last year-to-year lease site ended in 1999.
* To view or dowload a copy of the BASA By-Laws click on "Our By-Laws" button below.
BASA will work closely with the Beltrami County Parks and Recreation Department, the Bemidji Trap & Skeet Club, as well as other area sporting organizations, on the build out and day-to-day operations of the Range Facilities of the Northland Regional Sports Park.
Initial funding has been made possible through a generous grant from the George W. Nielson Foundation.
In 2015, 2016 and 2017 the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources offered grant funds that were appropriated by the Legislature that were to be used for building new and renovating existing range facilities. The NRSP has been a recipient of some of these funds all three years.
Who We Are
The mission of the Bemidji Area Shooters Association is to be the operator/manager of
a safe, family friendly, rifle and handgun range facility where hunter safety and self defense
education and training, Law Enforcement certification and training, as well as recreational and competitive shooting sports events may be held.
BASA will pursue this by:
1. Promoting the use of the range facility for Firearms and Hunter Safety Ed and Permit to
2. Providing scheduled access to the facility for area Law Enforcement agencies to conduct their certification and training classes.
3. Providing access to the facility for the purpose of recreational shooting activities .
4. Providing access to the facility to promote a variety of a safe, controlled sanctioned competitive shooting events.
BASA will achieve this mission by providing club members and the public access to a safe,
family friendly, best quality shooting facility.
The overarching goal of BASA is to facilitate a place for regional residents to enjoy the shooting sports in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner; as well as encourage the growth of the shooting sports with a particular focus on youth activities.
Board of Directors
Members include :
President Pete Milli
Vice- President Jim Little
Treasurer Dan Balmer
Secretary Ken Curfman
Range Maintenance Director Mike Billmeier
Membership Director Gary Grangruth
Fund Raising Director Bill Schroder
Hunters Ed. Coordinator Bill Johnson
Tara Hokuf The Women Of BASA
Buildout of Phase 1 began in late summer of 2015. continued in April 2016 and should be completed in the early spring of 2017.
Phase 2 Saw the completion of a 200 yd. High Power Range with covered firing points, and concrete benches.
3.5 miles north of US Hwy 2 @ 8257 State Hwy 89
© 2021 Bemidji Area Shooters Association